Realm of the Black Knight

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Received a message from cousin yesterday and informing that granny is ill. She was admitted into hospital as she is suffering from stomach. I actually thought it was just a minor aliment and went down to visit her after work.

Thankfully, Matthew was heading to his dad’s shop located somewhere near the hospital so I managed to hitch a ride from him. When I reached the hospital, I see the uneasiness on my aunts and uncles face. Later then I found out that granny had low blood count and she have stones in her gall bladder.

I stayed besides her all the while, praying to Lord to heal her and prevent the viruses from her. She was groaning with pain and could not lie still in bed. I really felt useless at that moment as I was of not help. = (

A blood transfusion is needed to be performed on granny due to her low blood count. But before the doctor agrees to do the blood transfusion, he strongly recommends that granny undergo a scope of her stomach.

My uncles and aunts know for granny age to undergo a scope will be plain suffering and inform the doctor that we wish her to forgo the scope. They got reprimanded in return; sort of “threatened” that unless granny undergo the scope or he will not do the blood transfusion and that granny will be discharged the very next day. =(

We later realize that the doctor action was also for the benefits of granny as he will only be able to find out the actual caused of her illness.

Granny took a nap after an injection which relieves her of the pain.

Slightly later, my sister arrived and we stayed beside her bed just in case she needed anything. I was sitting beside her bed watching her sleep, studying her face and features.

Granny’s face is full of wrinkles; those are trails of age that leave on her. It was only yesterday then I found out about her age, 88 years old.


And I found a striking resemblance between her and my dad; her nose. Family heritage~
I just hope that granny will recover soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home