Realm of the Black Knight

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Prized Collection


“On your mark, get set, bang!” All the athletes ran towards the finishing line with all their might… I was one of them…

I got my first trophy when I was 9, from then on trophies became my collection. Ever since I had my first trophy, I was picked and was added into the Athlete Team.

I was trained and taught with skill to develop myself. Ever since then I trained hard to compete in competition. Thrice a week we would train in stadium, trying hard to clock the best timing. I was the leader of the pack while training, always leaving trail of track for them to catch up.

I was the best in the team. I never had to slow down my pace in order for other to catch up with me. As an athlete, you goal is to clear the finishing line as soon as possible.

Trophies were the motivation towards my goal.

The glorious day in school is always the Sports Meet. I would participate in numerous events and excel in them. I guess the only thing I can excel in is Sports. It’s just too bad Sport School wasn’t developed then, things would be different otherwise.

I’ll take a picture of my prized collection and post it some other day. =)

The matter of fact that I was an athlete, I never slow down my pace for anyone. I never have the mentality of slowing down and waiting for someone. Perhaps, the competitive spirit still lingers in me. Even when I go jogging with friends, we would meet up and I’ll just head on with my pace unless they are able to keep up.

I learnt a lot after my ex broke up with me… I learn about being patient and understanding, etc.

Over last week, I went jogging with my sister and a friend on 2 different days. It was then, I learnt to slow down according to their pace. Although I really felt that I’m jogging on the spot but overall, it’s kind of nice to have a companion.

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home