Realm of the Black Knight

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I went over to visit granny after dispatching some documents. It has been 2 days after her operation and I have not visited her since. Upon arrival the hospital, I was pretty glad to see her looking much healthier. She has been lying in bed for 7 days now and hasn’t been out of her bed. Hence, I gave her a good massage so that her blood will circulate and she wouldn’t feel so numb.

Shortly after, I was chatting with my Small aunt and found out from her that my mum’s brother had passed away. I was bewildered; why wasn’t I informed by my mum instead. I called up my mum to check if it is true and found out that it was my 3rd uncle who passed on.

Immediately, I thought of going down to help out in his funeral but was taken aback by my aunt statement. She told me that if I were to help out in the funeral, I am not supposed to visit granny thereafter. It’s the Chinese traditional thinking that when you visited a funeral, it will bring along something bad. Hence, it is not advisable to visit granny.

Of course I do not believe in all the myths but I sure wouldn’t anyone to be angry with me. So I’ll heed their advice and will only visit granny upon her discharge.

When I was to leave the hospital, there was a sudden change in weather. Lightning was piercing the sky, thunder roar so loudly that I can feel vibration on the glass panel that I'm resting on. It's somehow like the scene of "War of the World". Haha!

The downpour lasted for around 30min before I can set off to my 3rd uncle place. It was really a tough decision; to choose between visiting granny and going over to mourn. But I choose going over my 3rd uncle place as this will be the last time I can visit him.

It has been close to 10yrs since I last met him. We did not keep in contact ever since my family shifted out of Tampines. We were all busy with our individual stuffs. Even during New Year, we never visited each other. Sigh...

I know that he is in GOD hands now. He has found peace and is relieved from the sufferings from the heart disease and diabetic he had.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home